Sunday 31 January 2010

German Crunch

Well, due to my very, very busy work and social life, I've hardly had much of a time to experiment new cooking recipes. In fact, whenever I've got the time, I will just cook the usual recipes which I'm already familiar with which you can see here in this recipe blog.

In conjunction with the upcoming Chinese New Year festivities, I had decided to make a couple of cookies for hubby's workplace, mine and some for home; and some for my ex-office where I still have very dear ex-colleagues who I'm still close with.

Here's the first of the cookies I have made and this is one of my personal favourites. An easy recipe.

Ingredients A:-
- 250g butter
- 100g icing sugar

Ingredients B:-
- 250g potato starch
- 100g plain flour

1. Place ingredient (A) in a big mixing bowl. Cream well, add in ingredient (B) and mix to form a dough.
2. Shape into round balls and arrange on lined baking trays.
3. Press flat with a fork to create a pattern.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170 degrees for about 10-15 mins until well baked through.
5. It should be pale in colour and not golden brown. Cool well on wire racks and keep in ait tight containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment