Saturday 22 August 2015

BBQ Beef Pie Pockets

You know, whenever it comes to pies. I always get nervous. Thinking that it's gonna be super difficult and chances I'm going to screw it all up and hence, I've always stayed away from pie looking stuff. If I wanna have a good pie, I'll just go out and have it. With an exception with Cottage Pies which I can pretty much whip up a decent one but anything else that requires pastries????? Uh....no thank you, then.

I guess after my divorce, I've gotten bolder in many aspects of my life. I've begun to....how shall I put it??? Reclaim myself? I'm still in search of me and while I'm doing that, I'm cooking and exploring into new dimensions of cooking which I didn't dare venture in the past.

So, here is to a more daring me.

A much simpler recipe and I was watching my oven like a hawk. Lol!!! 



Ingredients:-

- 500g mince beef
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce or a little more to ensure all the beef is well covered 
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Colby Jack or Monterey - your choice)
- 1 cup water + 1 1/2 cup water (separated)
- 4 large squares of pie crust or pastries sheets (normally sold in a large box but can be used for others)
- Preheat oven at 220 Celsius


1. In a large skillet, cook the beef till it turns brown and juice absorbed.
2. Pour BBQ sauce and stir until beef is well coated.
3. Place each sheet and have it cut into 4 of equal sides. I cut 2 large sheets hence I had 8 squares.
4. On a flat cookie baking pan, place cookie paper on it and place 3-4 cut squares on pan.
5. Spoon cooked beef onto the cut squares placed on the pan.
6. Add cheese on top of the beef. 
7. Place other cut square pastries on top of each beef and cheese filled pastry and pinch pastry together to seal.
8. Cut 2 small slits on top of the pastries so that the pies can breathe.
9. Bake between 15-20 mins. (Depends how old your oven is so, best to keep an eye on it)

Serve with some salad. 

My daughter absolutely loved it and had 2 helpings. My maid loved it.

And of course, I loved it. LOL!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment