Sunday 4 October 2009

Frozen Peaches & Cream

Well, people who knows me well knows that I'm a dessert freak. No matter how full I am after a meal, I will always have space for a little dessert. So, I came across this recipe book which I bought for RM10 and decided to give this recipe a shot.

A down side was that the author wasn't very thorough in terms on how long to freeze the dessert and how much yohurt to actually mix instead of just telling me a large tub which made it a bit sour for hubby's taste bud.

Well, I'll know what to do the next time. It isn't that bad, quite yummy actually if you like yoghurt like I do....


Ingredients:-
- 250g cornflakes
- 50g softened butter
- 1 large tub of unsweetened yoghurt
- 100g icing sugar, sifted
- 6 pieces tinned peaches, chopped
- 200g whipped cream
- 8 pieces tinned peaches, sliced

1.Combine cornflakes and butter, and press down firmly onto the bottom of a glass dish and chill to set for about 1 hour or 2.
2. Just before you're about to take out the chilled cornflakes and butter mixture; combine the yoghurt and icing sugar and fold in chopped peaches and whipped cream. (I would suggest to only use about 1/2 the tub of yoghurt)
3. Pour into chilled, prepared crust and arrange sliced peaches on top.
4. Freeze until set (about 6 hours) and never overnight!!!

So, here's a dessert which is easy to whip and share with family or friends during parties....

No comments:

Post a Comment