Thursday 17 September 2015

Beef Stew

I believe everyone would have at least once in their lives have a beef stew and it is always meant to be eaten hot with bread chunks or rice. But me been me, I need to have something healthy and what do I do? Whip it up with quinoa and trust me, it was equally as yummy just as it was healthy.

Go whip it up.....

Here's my stew happily boiling. Looks yum, huh?



Ingredients:-

- 500g beef chunks
- 1/2 a bottle of Master Food Red Wine and Garlic Marinade
- potatoes, cut into chunky cubes
- carrots, cut into chunky cubes
- celery, cut into cubes
- 1 cup stock (beef or vegetable)
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper 
- cooked quinoa

1. Heat oil and fry the beef till it is semi cooked
2. Add the potatoes and carrots to the beef and fry a while
3. Add the marinade and mix well
4. Add stock and simmer
5. If too thick, add some water, cover and continue to simmer until the carrots and potatoes are soft. 
6. Stir every now and then and then add the celery and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Serve over cooked quinoa.

And here's the yummy dish served over quinoa. All healthy, all yummy....a quick meal for the home.





No comments:

Post a Comment