Sunday 10 October 2010

Stir-Fried Beef & Broccoli


Hmmm....it's really been a while since I've tried any new recipes. Well, I have been cooking but it's just that I've been cooking my regular and familiar recipes which I have already shared on this blog. So, I got hold of this easy recipe and here is the recipe...........

Ingredients: -

- 2 tbsps oil
- 500g beef rump or topside, sliced thinly (you may also buy the pre-sliced ones from supermarkets)
- 1 onion, diced or sliced thinly
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger or thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- 2 tbsps sherry (I used hua tiao wine)
- 2 tsps brown sugar
- hot rice to serve

1. Heat 1 tbsps oil in a wok over high fire. When hot, stir-fry beef in 2 batches for 2 to 3 minutes, until brown. Remove and set aside.
2. Heat remaining oil in the same wok over medium fire. When hot, stir-fry onion and ginger for 1 to 2 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add broccoli and stir-fry for another 1 to 2 minutes until just tender.
3. In a bowl, combine oyster sauce, soysauce, sherry (hua tiao wine) and sugar. Return beef to wok with sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
4. Serve hot with rice.

See!!! A healthy meal and simple to prepare and cook. You won't even need to prepared additional dishes if you're pressed for time. This dis itself already have its meat and vege. A balanced meal if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment